Take Action Now
- ACTION-SUBMIT A COMMENT: Submit an objection to the Iowa Utility Board to ask them not to grant a permit to Summit Carbon Solutions. (Select “HLP-2021-0001 (Summit Carbon Solutions LLC, Petition for a Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Permit)” to submit an objection for the Summit pipeline.
- ACTION-SIGN THE PETITION: NO CO2 Pipelines In Iowa! (via Iowa Sierra Club)
- ACTION-DONATE: Donate to support landowners in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota & North Dakota fighting eminent domain & the Summit Midwest Carbon Express pipeline.
Frontline & Local Opposition Groups
- Landowner Organizing:
National Opposition Groups
- Pipeline Fighters Hub / Bold Alliance
- Food & Water Watch
- Center for International Environmental Law
- Oil Change International
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Backers of these carbon pipelines include big-name politicians from both sides of the aisle. Likewise, federal regulations and tax credits are generous and bountiful under both the Trump and Biden administration. Some key Democrats, like Rep. Khanna, are opposed to expanded “45Q” tax credits for carbon capture and storage projects. Additionally, Rep. Raskin is working on federal legislation against eminent domain for private gain, and Rep. Malinowski introduced similar legislation, the Fairness for Landowners Facing Eminent Domain Act, which would reform the federal Natural Gas Act but not have any affect on oil or carbon pipelines.
- Iowans at Capitol push for stronger restrictions on eminent domain for carbon capture pipelines (Des Moines Register, March 29, 2022)
- Carbon pipelines, corporate farming bring out protesters at Iowa capitol (AgWeek, Feb. 17, 2022)
- Pipeline opponents protest Rastetter at rural forum (Iowa Capital Dispatch, Dec. 2, 2021)