Take Action Now
- ACTION-SIGN THE PETITION: Oppose the Construction of CO2 Pipelines! (via Coalition to Stop CO2 Pipelines – Illinois)
- ACTION-SIGN THE PETITION: NO CO2 Pipelines In Iowa! (via Iowa Sierra Club)
- ACTION-SUBMIT A COMMENT: Submit an objection to the Iowa Utility Board to ask them not to grant a permit to Navigator CO2 Ventures. (Select “HLP-2021-0003 (Navigator CO2 Ventures LLC, Petition for a Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Permit)” to submit an objection for the Navigator CO2 Ventures pipeline.)
- ACTION-DONATE: Donate to support landowners in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota fighting eminent domain & the Navigator pipeline.
Frontline/Local & Opposition Groups
- Landowner organizing:
National Opposition Groups
- Pipeline Fighters Hub / Bold Alliance
- Food & Water Watch
- Center for International Environmental Law
- Oil Change International
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Backers of these carbon pipelines include big-name politicians from both sides of the aisle. Likewise, federal regulations and tax credits are generous and bountiful under both the Trump and Biden administration. Some key Democrats, like Rep. Khanna, are opposed to expanded “45Q” tax credits for carbon capture and storage projects. Additionally, Rep. Raskin is working on federal legislation against eminent domain for private gain, and Rep. Malinowski introduced similar legislation, the Fairness for Landowners Facing Eminent Domain Act, which would reform the federal Natural Gas Act but not have any affect on oil or carbon pipelines.